Abuse and Neglect: Child Abuse

Signs of Physical Child Abuse:
  • Unexplained bruise or welts
  • Unexplained burns
  • Unexplained fractures (multiple or in various stages of healing)
  • Unexplained lacerations or abrasions (mouth, eyes, and external genitalia)
  • Expresses fear of going home
  • Appears frightened of parents
  • Reports of being injured by parents
  • Exhibits extreme aggressiveness or withdrawal
  • Acts wary of contact with adults
  • Becomes apprehensive when other children cry
Signs of Physical Child Neglect:
  • Inappropriate dress
  • Always hungry
  • Poor hygiene
  • Uncared for medical or physical problems
  • Begging or stealing food
  • Abandonment
  • Early arrival and late departure from school
  • Fatigue
  • Listlessness
  • Reports lack of a caretaker
  • Delinquency

Why the parent becomes an abusive parent? Here are the risk factors that parent become an abuser:

  1. Under significant stress
  2. Abused as a child
  3. Deficient in social and financial resources
  4. Lack of impulse control
  5. Uses inappropriate coping skills
  6. Anger and hostility
  7. Ambivalent toward parenthood
  8. Mental illness
  9. Marital problems
  10. Lack of knowledge regarding children development
  11. Substance abuser

Nursing Interventions:
  • Assess the patient, family, and significant others about the signs of an impending crisis and effective problem solving techniques to manage crisis
  • Assess the patient, family, and significant others about the signs of abuse and neglect, and to access help immediately if abuse or neglect are suspected
  • Assess caregivers about coping strategies to prevent abuse and neglect

1 comment:

Celia Dave said...

I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August 2010. A valuable friend told me about Dr. Itua Herbal Center in West Africa. She gave me her phone number and email address. I quickly contacted him to guarantee that his herbal medicines will heal my cancer and I will heal forever I said OK.I ask him what is the healing process, he asks me to pay the fees I did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine and then he asked me I told my friend Gomez about the herbal drug so that he gave me to go and drink it.So after drinking for two weeks, I was cured, I am so grateful and I promise that I will do it I recommend to anyone who has cancer and that that I am doing. Herbal medicine Dr. Itua makes me believe that there is hope for people with Parkinson's disease, schizophrenia, cancer, scoliosis, bladder cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer and breast cancer. kidney cancer. , Leukemia, lung cancer, skin cancer, uterine cancer, prostate cancer Fibromyalgia, a
Fibrodysplasia Syndrome, Epilepsy,Sclerosis sickness, Dupuytren's Disease, Diabetes, Celiac Disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Alzheimer's Disease, Lupus, Adrenocortic Carcinoma.Asthma, Allergic Diseases.HIV Help, HIV Aids, Herpes, Disease Chronic inflammatory, Memory disorder,
Here is his contact information ...... [Email ... drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. Whatsapp ... + 2348149277967]